Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two Month Update!

Are we at two months already?! I’m sure it’s cliché to say, but time is really flying by! Everyone I know has been telling me to enjoy each moment with her because the time DOES go by so quickly, and I am starting to see that they are right. On one hand, I’m so excited to be able to watch her learn and grow (and SLEEP), but on the other hand it’s sad to watch my tiny new baby already getting bigger. I’m also learning that the older I get, the smarter my parents get. Thanks, MOM. :)

So, on to the details! Monkey-Do helped us out again for her two-month photos. She liked him a little better this time!

DSC02322 

At two months, Emily:

…is much more awake and alert! She smiles all the time and has even tried to giggle once or twice. Right after she wakes up in the morning is when she’s the happiest, smiling and cooing all over the place. She’s starting to be quite the little talker! (But really, were there any doubts about that one? She IS her mama’s daughter after all… ;) )

DSC02282

…is eating and growing like crazy! We’re still exclusively nursing, and she seems to want to eat every 2 hours during the day and 3-4 in the evening. She lasts the night now without wanting to get up and eat, but she’s sure hungry in the morning!

DSC02305

…has found her hands and feet! She’s started sucking on her hands and arms, and noticed her feet for the first time yesterday. Her eyes get huge and she seems to be thinking, “What the heck are THOSE?!” She’s also started drooling and blowing bubbles a lot. Lets hope she’s not teething yet, I’m not ready for that!

DSC02311 

…has become a great sleeper. I’m afraid I’ll be jinxing us by writing this, but for the last week she’s been sleeping about 8 hours in a row. We’ve started to put a little bit of a bedtime routine into place and it seems to be working. We watch for sleepy signs, and when we notice she’s getting tired we put her jammies on, swaddle her up, feed her, and rock her to sleep. Usually she’s in her bassinet by our bed by 8 or 8:30 and sleeps until 4:30 or 5. Then she’ll wake me up to eat again and go back to sleep for another 3 hours or so. I hope this keeps up!

002

…had her two-month check-up yesterday and got her first round of vaccines (hence the update post is today, not yesterday when it should have been). Vaccines are something I’ve done a LOT of research about lately and I’m still not fully on board, but we did get her started on a few of the most important ones. One of these days I’ll do a post solely about that topic, because I really do think it’s important. But not today!:) At two months exactly she weighed in at 11 pounds even and measured 22.5 inches. Growing girl! They put her stats on a growth chart for us that compares her to other baby girls her age, and she falls almost exactly at 50% in all categories. The doc told us she’s growing well and is just perfect! Of course she is! Ha. :)

DSC02296

…has some of the craziest hair ever. It stands straight up in all directions after her bath, and no amount of combing seems to help! It’s okay though, we love her silly hair!

DSC02273

…makes her parents smile and laugh with her every day. I am so happy to have her! I am trying to take the advice and cherish each moment (even the hard ones) and love her as much as I can. What a sweet baby!!

We love you so much, Punkin. Keep on growing and making us proud!!

1 comment:

  1. She is sleeping so well. Does she get plenty of naps during the day? Love her hair! I love that you can put a bow in it. It's amazing that they can sit up on their own now nearly and hold the little head up much better now.

    I was reading all of her milestones and it reminded me of Kinsley. It is amazing how fast they grow. I look at her now and think she has changed so much. I sometimes miss those little baby times but I am also loving this time of her learning and growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!