Thursday, July 1, 2010

Long Time, No Sleep

As soon as I wrote it, I knew it was a bad idea. The night I mentioned that Emily had become a pro-sleeper, she decided to make me a complete liar and revert to her old (and less than stellar) sleeping habits. She will nap here and there, but the oh-so-enjoyable 7 and 8 hours straight at night we were getting are back to 4 or 5, if we’re lucky. So I’m sorry for the lack of posts, but sleep deprivation makes for crappy writing. Ugh.

We’ve been trying EVERYTHING, and I think it’s got to do with being swaddled. Since she was born she’s always loved being swaddled, and one of our favorite baby gifts was a Halo Sleep Sack with the “wings” for swaddling. Except now she’s outgrown the part that she zips into, so we’ve just taken the wings and used those over the top of a regular swaddling blanket (by the way Mom, yours are the only ones she doesn’t immediately break out of! Good work on those!!!). It seems to work ok for a while, but she’s quite the little Houdini and is constantly breaking her arms out of the swaddle in the middle of the night, which of course causes her to wake up. And then, of course, WE wake up too, what with all the thrashing and grunting that goes on while she bonks herself in the face with the escaped arm.

So I gave in and ordered a Miracle Blanket, and I really do hope it’s a miracle!

Also, I finally got the video to work! Here’s proof, and a few pictures.

DSC02423 

DSC02432

DSC02415

DSC02420

DSC02409

DSC02411

DSC02374

DSC02378

DSC02395

DSC02397

P.S. Let me know if you can’t see the video.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is so precious! I CANNOT get over her hair, it's so amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hat so cute!! Did you get it from Etsy? Sadly sleeping for 5 hours is considered sleeping through the night according to all the baby books and websites. I feel blessed when Kinsley doesn't wake up at 3am to eat.

    Kinsley likes to be swaddled also and we actually ordered a small size on the halo wrap. I had to order it on Babies R Us website since it was not available in the stores here. I thought about getting the miracle blanket also but decided not to because she loved her halo.

    She looks like she loves her Bumbo. I was thinking about getting one but haven't made up my mind yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't her hair funny Jess? It's finally starting to lay down now that it's so long. :( And the hat was a gift Karen, I'm not sure where it came from. She didn't care much for it, but I sure thought it was cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!