Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random Bullet Update

  • I was starting to feel like the only thing I did in my spare time (and I use the term “spare” loosely) was to sit around on the computer wasting the day away, so I decided to do a week-long technology detox. Rob joined me, and from Monday to Sunday last week (ok, Saturday, but close enough right?) we didn’t go online except to pay bills, didn’t play video games, didn’t check Facebook from our phones, didn’t watch hours of mindless TV. We read a lot more and watched a few Netflix movies instead of just randomly flipping channels all night long. We listened to music instead of the TV for background noise. We didn’t have to battle little hands for the computer keyboard or remote control. It was nice! Alas, all good things must end, and on Saturday we gave in. I have to say the break was really refreshing and I realized how much time I spend “plugged in”. I’m making a concious effort now to do more things that don’t require a computer, and I have to admit the house is cleaner and I have more energy than before! Now, lets see how long I can keep it up, ha!
  • WE HAVE TEETH! 4 of them are all the way through, and I think there are a couple more on their way in. Emily doesn’t seem to mind them very much now, but there were a couple days there where she was sleeping even worse, if that’s possible, while they were coming in. 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom so far. Hooray!
  • Yes, we’re still nursing, even with the teeth.
  • Grandma came for a visit yesterday! My mom was in Seattle for work and got the chance to spend a couple hours with us before her plane left. It was a quick visit but we had a great time! Emily loves her Grandma and Grandma spoiled us like crazy. I’m glad you had time to see us, MOM! Thanks again for stopping by! :)
  • I can’t wait for the spring to arrive and bring some warmth with it! We’ve had a few sunny days lately but it’s SO DARN COLD that I can’t get out and enjoy it. Sunshine? GREAT! 30 degrees? No thank you. Hurry up summer. We neeeeeeeeed you.
  • Rob turned 31 this week! He’s not overly excited about it. I say, bring on the old age! Haha! I also say, I’m only 28. So there. ;)
  • I’ve started learning how to use coupons to save money. So far so good! I’m not really sure exactly what I’m doing yet, but I have been able to save at least 25-30% off our grocery and drugstore bills so far! It’s really nice to see your total drop after they ring all your coupons up. If it means spending a couple hours a week planning meals and chopping up a news paper so that we get to hold on to a little more of our money, I can do that. And really, it’s fun! I LOVE anything that’s based around organizing, so this is perfect for me. And the more I learn about it, the more we save. (Ok, I know, I’m a total nerd. You may begin the giggling now.)
  • I love bread. That is all, for now…

My two favorite people.

IMG_1871

1 comment:

  1. What a great update! It was so fun yesterday! I'm really glad I didn't have to negotiate the train at the airport! But all that worrying for nothing. Your fish tacos were dynamite! And I'm glad we found some fun stuff for you and Emily. Oh, and by the way, may I say, your individual homemade strawberry cheesecakes were to die for!! I promise to start working on Kimmie's quilt very soon. Let's keep looking for a wonderful pattern. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!