Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Natalie is ONE!!

*Photo credit to Rachel Brock*

Natalie, I've been holding off on writing this post because I just can't believe you are one year old already! ONE! It's true what they say, time has wings. And the older I get, the faster it flies away from me.


This last year has been quite a whirlwind with you, sweet girl! We've had so much fun! I want to stop and hold you close and drink you in and remember these moments. They are precious, and they don't last long.


You are starting to change from my tiny baby into your own little person, and it's amazing to watch! At your one year checkup you weighed just under 17.5 pounds and measured 28.5 inches tall. You're a skinny little thing. Because you can't drink milk due to an allergy, you aren't gaining as much weight as we would like. So per your doctor we are trying to fatten you up with bread and carbs (which you love) and avocado (which you hate). Mealtime is always interesting with you. You'll eat a few bites from your own plate, and then yell at me until I share what's on mine. You are definitely a stubborn girl, that's for sure!


You love: your mama, sucking your thumb, blocks, stuffed animals, books, spoons, your favorite purple blankie, trying to sneak into the bathroom when we aren't looking, and most of all your big sissy. You follow her everywhere! She's very patient with you and shares her toys (usually) and helps you learn. Watching you two together just melts my mama heart. You especially adore your daddy and clap and squeal when he comes in the door from work. He's already your hero. (Again with the melting heart!)


You don't love: when mama puts you down, shoes on your feet, sleep (you don't sleep through the night, but feel free to change that anytime), anything too loud that startles you, and when mama puts you down. If you had your way I'd be carrying you all day long! Every once in a while you let your daddy have a turn, too. ;)


You aren't walking quite yet but you crawl and cruise all over the place. I think it won't be long before we will have to chase you as you run around the house. You bolt for the stairs every chance you get and can climb them like a pro already, and when you get to the top you want to turn around and do it again! Baby gates are our best friend right now.


You are chatting up a storm these days! You say "DAT!" and point at everything, all the time. You are so curious and want us to name everything you see. Some favorites are lights and light switches, the fridge, and pictures on the wall. There's a figurine that your daddy gave me that plays music when we wind it up, and you insist on having your daddy turn it on and dance with you at least twice a day. It's your favorite thing right now (and I think daddy loves it, too!) and so fun to watch you wiggle and dance to the music. Will you be a music girl like you sissy? I sure hope so.


You are silly, curious, stubborn, a little shy, awfully sweet, very snuggly, and so happy! You have your daddy's heart and your mama's attitude. We love watching you grow and change, and can't wait to see what the future holds for you! With your big sister as your guide (accomplice?) I know there's nothing you can't do. We love you so much, Nattie Roo! Now please, stop growing up already, would you? :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I came to visit when she was one month old. I talked to her on the changing table. Nattie wanted to chat then! This past year has been wonderful to watch, with both girls so bright and animated. Nattie is her own person, for sure. I can't wait to hear her opinions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!