Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! It's 2010!!

This week marks 25 weeks pregnant! HOLY COW time is flying!! I’m not very good at marking our progress with the weekly pictures anymore because it seems like the pages are just flying off the calendar faster than I can keep up with them! But, here I am at 25 weeks, in the nursery that we’ve been working on!

DSC01820

And here’s the punkin at 25 weeks, too!

25-rutabaga

25 weeks- a rutabaga!

She’s been kicking up a storm these last few weeks, and Rob’s had the chance to feel her quite a bit! I’m also noticing fun things like pinched nerves, swollen ankles, and that oh-so-fun heartburn, none of which are too bad, but all are still VERY annoying!

So, we’ve been spending a little time in the baby’s room getting things put together. We don’t really have a theme, but we are going with mostly pink and green. I did find some cute bedding that has pink elephants on it, though! Rob painted the walls and hung the blinds and the curtain rod, and we got a beautiful baby quilt from mom and a few cute pink outfits for Christmas. I think it’s starting to come together!

Here is the room so far. (Hooray for Other Mothers, they have great stuff for a good price! We got the crib, stroller, pack-n-play, and a bouncer there. I’m sure we’ll be back!)

DSC01815 DSC01822

DSC01821

A close-up of the quilt my mom made. It’s so soft, and just the right colors! I can’t wait to wrap our baby girl in it!!

DSC01816

We found a dresser on Craigslist the other day too, we just need to paint it. It’s cream and pink, but the rest of the furniture will be white, so the poor dresser looks like it’s yellow. So, Rob’s going to paint it white for me.

DSC01818

We still have a lot to do, but I feel like we’ve come a long way! All we need furniture-wise is a changing table and a glider. So far so good!

As it IS New Years Day, I think I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you about some of our plans for 2010. Can you believe another decade has passed? I’m starting to feel like the older I get, the faster the time goes! I guess my folks were right. :)

Of course, the biggest part of this next year for Rob and I will be the arrival of our baby girl. We can’t wait!!

And on that note, we’ve both decided that it’s time for a “money makeover” if you will, and I’ve started reading Dave Ramsey’s book Financial Peace. We hope to be able to be a one-income family when the baby arrives, and we need some help to get to that position financially between now and then so I can stay at home with her if at all possible.

I gotta say, after reading only the first few chapters of his book, I can really see why so many people rave about Dave Ramsey and his money strategy. It’s not gimicky, or schemey, or complicated, or anything like that. It’s just common sense tools to use to help you better manage your money. If you haven’t read the book yet, I highly recommend it.

(Sheesh, I sound like he’s paying me to advertize! I promise he’s not, I’m just a big believer already. I’m excited about getting back in control of our money!)

I also hope to start sewing a little more, at least as much as possible with a new little one in the house, and Rob wants to find a more stable job. He has a few feelers out there, wish us luck! If we can we’d also like to take a trip to Seattle to see my brother and his family, and our friends there. We have a wedding to go to on the East coast in October (yay Andy and Alex!) and want to make a stop in Denver somewhere in there too. I guess I’ll learn what it’s like to travel with a baby! :)

No matter what the year brings, we' both feel very blessed to be where we are, and hope to be able to spend lots of time with family and friends. Here’s to a great 2009, and an even better 2010! Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. found your page thru the BCC nursery thread (i also became a "follower" since we're both due with little girls in April). Your room really looks nice - I havent even emptied the room we are using as a nursery yet - it's still full of STUFF! Feb 1st will be our "no more fussing around - lets get a move on" date to begin work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I saw your link up on the BBC april birth board and decided to take a look. Just thought I'd say Hi! :) The room is adorable! Congrats.

    P.S. Dave Ramsey is AMAZING ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!