Monday, May 24, 2010

Visitors!

What a great weekend we had! Family from out of town, date night, good food, what else do you need? :)

My mom and dad drove over from Spokane Saturday morning and brought my nephew Colin with them for a quick weekend visit. Saturday afternoon we unpacked a few more boxes and (finally!) got the desks set up in the office. It looks like I’ll actually have a place to put my work table so I can do a little sewing! YAY!! I was really not looking forward to a year and a half of working on the kitchen table. Now I have a spot!

Saturday night mom and dad came to our place for some Chinese take-out (YUM) and then they watched Emily for us and we got to go out on our very first date night! We went to see Iron Man 2. I really liked it! And I only freaked out about leaving the punkin for the first few minutes; after we got to the theater I was fine. But when we got out of the car, I did look in the backseat out of habit thinking we forgot to get the baby! I guess it’s better to be overly cautious on that one though. :)

Sunday morning we met my brother and his family at Marie Calendar’s for a brunch buffet. Holy tons-of-food, Batman. It was wonderful! The best part for Rob was when they brought three heaping plates of steaming hot bacon to our table and put one down right in front of him. He looked like he’d just found the winning lotto ticket. And I guess in his eyes it was probably just as good! They also had waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict, an omelet station, and pretty much every other breakfast food you could ever want. Needless to say, we all walked out of there pretty stuffed.

My nephew Cubby and I at breakfastCubby breakfast

The whole family, minus mom Family breakfast

Rob, Grandpa and Emily Rob Dad Emily

Grandma and Emily2010-05-23_09.44.50

Sweet Baby2010-05-18_16.43.43

First use of the baby carrier. She’s not too fond of it, but we’ll keep trying!2010-05-19_14.05.33 

Grandma and Grandpa will be back for the Fourth of July weekend. We can’t wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! Sounds like a fun weekend.... I still totally remember your momma from Brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how did I not know you had a brother? Huh. Some how, along the line I'm sure you told me but I had no idea. It sounds like he lives close to you, or close enough for breakfast. Thats pretty cool! I'm glad you had a good weekend with family...isn't that the best when they come visit? I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!