Thursday, March 10, 2011

Peter Pan had the right idea all along.

I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve tried, started and stopped a few times, but I keep feeling like the only things I have to write about are negative and pointless. We’ve been in a slump of sorts, and I’m finding it hard to be positive. So instead of fill this blog with whining and complaining about things that aren’t in my control I chose to just avoid posting.

Rob has been home from work going on six weeks now. At the end of January he took a nasty trip down the stairs outside the apartment and knocked himself out. He didn’t remember falling, just waking up, so he endured weeks of testing to determine the cause of his fall. They didn’t find anything and (FINALLY) gave him the OK to go back to work this past Monday. However, he woke up Saturday morning with Bell’s Palsy and the entire left side of his face is paralyzed. No, I’m not joking. It’s very painful and, needless to say, he wasn’t able to go back to work as planned. They say it should clear itself up within a matter of weeks, so he’s just hanging out at home resting, trying to recover.

In the mean time, we’re packing to move. Next weekend we’ll be leaving our apartment (and the door-slamming, constant-car-horn-honking, screaming-kid-having, pull-a-knife-on-your-friend-and-get-the-cops-called-to-come-arrest-you neighbors) and moving into my brother’s old house that he’s being kind enough to rent to us. I’m excited! It’s just about a mile from where we live now and it’s a HOUSE! With a GARAGE! AND THERE’S ONLY ONE NEIGHBOR AND SHE’S OLD!!! I can’t wait. Things are hectic around here right now but it seems like there’s really a light at the end of the tunnel, and thank goodness for that.

In other news, Emily is growing and changing like crazy. I can’t believe it’s almost time to do another monthly update! She’s so much fun and really seems to be turning into her own little person. I’ve been planning her birthday party and I’m so happy that she’s almost one! but then at the same time I’m so sad that she’s almost one. :( I’m no good at this “letting her grow up” stuff. I mean, really. Who wants to grow up anyway?

I’ll leave you with a picture of my favorite little eater: Princess Mac ‘N Cheese! No matter how crappy things get, she’s always good for a smile and a snuggle. Ah, I love that baby. :)

2011-03-08_13.19.58

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Esther... I had no idea what you've been going through! I'm so sorry for Rob, that sounds terrible. I'll pray for quick healing!

    Your little girl is beyond adorable. I can't believe how much she has changed!

    I plan on getting back on the blogging train this week - I have missed it. Like you, I've started and stopped so many times, but I just need to do it and get back into the routine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!