Sunday, October 18, 2009

Three Quick Takes

(I borrowed the "quick takes" idea from another blogger, but it works perfectly for me today!)

Take 1: 14 weeks! Yes, these are a little late, so 14 weeks 4 days to be exact. I feel like I'm less chubby and more baby this week, and YAY for that! Proof:
Less than 6 months to go now, and we'll be three. Time is starting to fly by already! We have a crib and a pack-n-play that we got at a second hand store here in town, and hopefully we'll be able to find a dresser and changing table there also. Most of their stuff is very nice!


This is the picture of the week for the punkin:
14 weeks, a lemon!

Take 2: Greenbluff! Rob and I ventured out to Greenbluff last weekend. For those of you that aren't here in Spokane, Greenbluff is an area north of us that is made up of 40+ local farms that grow everything from apples and pears, to squash and pumpkins. Fall is usually their busiest time of year as lots of people come to pick pumpkins and apples for Halloween. Rob had never been, and I hadn't been in years, so we decided it was time to go! We bundled up and headed out with some friends, and came home with three pumpkins and a box of apples! The pumpkins are on the porch, and today those apples will be made into apple butter, with any luck. :)
Take 3: Christmas! Yes, I said it. It's only 9 weeks away, people! *Gasp!* The stores are becoming overrun with snowmen and candy canes already, so I decided I'd get a jump on the gift list, too! Mom and I are busy planning and sewing this weekend, and with any luck I'll accomplish everything I set out to do this year. That would be something of a miracle, seeing as how I always have to change plans and end up doing the last minute shopping thing the week before Christmas... Hopefully if I start this early I'll get it all done!
Are any of you getting into Christmas mode yet? I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet, but hey- the stores start it earlier every year, I might as well get a head start too, right?
Or am I just nuts? Wait, don't answer that.

1 comment:

  1. I am so not allowed to do anything Christmas until after Halloween and really...if I don't want to be divorced ;) after Thanksgiving. Well...except he'll never know if I'm already planning Christmas gifts. But no music or decorations allowed! Good thing I like autumn colors. I'm looking forward to following your "baby blog"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!