Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Five Month Update!

Emily is now five months old! Wait, really? Five? Are you sure? You are? Sigh. Ok, fine. Boo.

IMG_0496 

At five months, Emily:

…is growing up so fast! She can roll from her back to her tummy now, and though she really prefers to only roll to her right, she can go to both sides. Stubborn little thing that she is, she refuses to roll from her tummy to her back yet. But we’re in no hurry for that to happen! This way, she rolls to her tummy and stops. I’m not ready to be chasing a baby around yet!

 IMG_0509

…weighs about 14.5 pounds and is 25.0 inches long. That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for length. Still tall and skinny!

 IMG_0497

…has tried oatmeal and peas so far, and hated both. She didn’t really seem to be ready, so we decided to give her a few more weeks and then we’ll try the food again.

IMG_0505

…still isn’t sleeping completely through the night, but has been doing better lately. We discovered that if she goes down to sleep earlier, she sleeps better (and longer!) and we all feel more rested in the morning. Most of the time she sleeps in her crib, but sometimes still needs her swing to help knock her out. Oh, how I love that swing! If there’s one piece of “baby gear” I’m glad we got, that wonderful, beautiful swing is it!

IMG_0498 

…squeals and screams at us like crazy! She’s really started to test out her lungs and see what she can do. If she’s happy, she squeals and screams. If she’s mad, she squeals and screams. If she’s stuck on her tummy and can’t figure out how to get back over, she just plain screams. This little girl has quite the set of pipes! It’s very cute, but oh, my ears! Miss Screamy-Pants is sure making her presence known around here! (Poor Monkey-Do.)

IMG_0512

…can almost sit up on her own now! She still needs some support, but she’s happiest when we hold her and let her stand on our laps, or when she’s practicing her sitting. She has been trying to get her knees up under her while on her tummy also, which scares mama to no end. Crawling already? No thank you!

IMG_0519

Five months have passed since Emily Marie made her way into this world, and I couldn’t be prouder. What a sweet girl she is! She’s made such progress this month! I feel like she’s starting to turn from a baby to a little girl already, and that’s both happy and sad. I feel like the next time I turn around she’ll be heading off to college. Yikes! I’m not ready for that!!

We love our little punkin so much and are so blessed that she’s in our lives!! I wonder what’s in store for us in the next five months…

1 comment:

  1. LOL so funny that she is punching out the monkey. Kinsley makes the teddy bear eat the paper for her weekly pictures, than she proceeds to eat his nose.

    I cannot believe how much they have changed. I feel the same as you that I miss my little baby but I really do love this age so far. She is no longer just laying around sleeping all of the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!