Thursday, October 14, 2010

6 Month Update!

HAPPY HALF-BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!

Was it really 6 months ago that you came into the world? That your daddy and I first held you in our arms? That we first looked at your beautiful face? It seems like it was so much more recent than that.

Usually.

Other times, i.e. 3 am, it seems like you’ve been here much longer.  :)

But we love you more than you know, Little Punkin! You’re growing so fast and changing every single day! I find it hard to remember a time when you weren’t here. You’re such a precious girl! You’re our Sunshine.

IMG_1250E

At six months, Emily:

…weighs 15 lbs 5 oz and is 25.5 inches long. (As a side note, apparently the nurse that measured Emily last time did it wrong-the doc said it happens a lot-so her measurements from last month are incorrect. She DID grow more than half an inch this month!)

IMG_1221E

…still doesn’t have any teeth! She’s drooling like crazy though and her little cheeks are constantly bright pink. I don’t think we have too much longer to wait for them to appear.

IMG_1234E

…is starting to get the hang of solid foods! When we tried oatmeal and peas a few weeks back, it was pretty clear that she just wasn’t ready for them. Now though she’s eating like a pro! She likes the oatmeal the best so far, and bananas are a close second. Sweet potatoes, however, are still a big N-O. I’m making her baby food myself so we’ll have lots of fun things to try in the coming weeks! Next up is avocado. Yum!

IMG_1249E

…still only rolls from her back to her tummy. She’s starting to pull her knees up under her though, and can really push up high on her arms! Everyone says she’ll be mobile shortly. I don’t know if I’m ready for that!

IMG_1257E

…is sitting up all by herself now! Occasionally I’ll put the Boppy pillow down behind her, but she has great balance and usually doesn’t need it. She can reach for toys in front of her and grab them, then sit back up straight. She’s so big!

IMG_1231E

…is taking baths in the big tub now and not the sink anymore! She’s completely fearless, and tries to get her hands and face right in the water while it’s running. She’d stay in there all day if we let her! And now that she’s sitting up, baths are SO MUCH EASIER. ON EVERYONE.

IMG_1239E

…loves to be carried in the Ergo carrier. Sometimes she falls asleep, but mostly she’s just happy to be up high so she can see what’s going on. She is very observant and loves to just watch and listen to what’s happening around her.

IMG_1254E

…has (finally!) been sleeping better. She still doesn’t sleep through the night, but only wakes to eat once or twice instead of17 thousand times like she had been. And putting her down has become much easier now that we’ve established the bath routine and earlier bedtime. We’re on our way to great sleep, I can tell!

Emily Marie can drive us batty and make us unbelievably happy, all in the same five minutes. She’s quite a kid, this one, and I can’t wait for the next 6 months! It just seems like time is passing faster than it ever has before, and I want to capture and treasure these days so we’ll always remember just how much fun this is. We love her so much! Happy half-birthday, Emmie, and here’s to many more!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog really made me think your right they are growing so fast. At the beginning I wanted Kinsley to get older so I could have more fun with her and now I miss those little baby moments. I hold her in my arms before she goes to sleep and she is so long and bigger that I cannot believe that she has changed so much in such a short amount of time. Seems like it is time to start planning the 1st birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther she is so beautiful! What gorgeous coloring. She's so tiny. Ezra is 25lbs and about 30 inches. He's a moose. Glad you are getting some sleep and things are getting a little more routine for you. take care. We miss u here at Travelers although hopefully I won't be there much more than another 3-4 mths either. Kipp is going to go back to work in the Spring so I can stay home. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment!