Thursday, October 21, 2010

Are We There Yet?

So, this blog was originally started to keep a record of my life with my husband and (at that point, future) kids. It IS called the Shankland Family Blog, right? However, the only thing I seem to write about is our sweet baby girl. She does take up pretty much all our time, and we do love her more than anything, but I thought it might be time for something a little more grown-up around here! Not to worry though, I’ll have plenty of adorable pictures and poopy diaper stories for you shortly. :)

So then, who wants to talk about money?! Yep, that’s the other thing that’s been taking up our time lately. Balancing a home that’s 300 miles away with a (not exactly cheap) apartment is getting tougher every month. And now that it’s getting colder and we have to do things like turn the heat on and cook with something other than the BBQ grill, we have less of that precious green commodity than ever. We can’t sell the house because we’re upside down (like the rest of the home-owning population I’m sure) and we can’t live in it because the people with the paychecks want us here. Rock, meet hard place.

Rob is doing really well at his job, and we’re extremely blessed that he got hired by such a good company when he did. It’s nice for him to have time to come home for lunch now and then! We love Seattle, and we’re finally getting settled in and making friends (YAY!) and I think it’s safe to say we’re happy here! Except for that whole house thing, life is good.

I guess I don’t have much of a point here and I’m sort of just venting. I’m tired of wondering what will happen with the house and hoping the market improves enough for us to sell it, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. So, what do we do? Can’t we just pick up the house and move it over here? People do that, right? There’s an entire TV show devoted to it! Anyone have a really big truck?

I know things will all fall into place one way or the other, they always do. I’m just not so good at that whole waiting thing.

But, just to make it all a little better, guess what?

65 DAYS LEFT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Wait, is that better? Or worse??? Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment!